4th of July Party Ideas
Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that I tend to go a bit overboard when it comes to party planning. I just want everyone to feel like I thought of them and that they feel special. To me, it is the little things that make a big difference. This could entail serving a special drink someone likes, personalized water bottles or juice boxes, decorated serving tables, or specialized candies. But this 4th of July I am going to do a simple party especially since it will be so hot.
I began by going thru my long party prep list and started pairing it down to create these easy to follow 4th of July party ideas.
Decorations – Keep it simple
- Simple red, white and blue bunting outside ads a nice patriotic touch. I will skip the decorations throughout the house this year
- Coordinated red, white and blue utensils, plates, napkins, and cups will showcase our USA pride
- If you would like to add some additional Colors think of adding Colorsed tablecloths and balloons
Food – With it being warm I like to serve easy dishes and no sweets. Keep anything that will spoil on ice.
- Make sure the propane tank is filled or that you have enough coals to grill up some burgers, sausages, and a vegetarian
- Corn on the cob, baked beans and coleslaw make great side dishes
- Watermelon is a wonderful treat to have on hand since it is something sweet that rehydrates the body
Entertainment – We live on a lake so our entertainment is pretty simple. But I do have to plan for those not wanting to go in the water.
- Water activities including water balloons, sprinkler, slip-n-slide, squirt guns
- Sparklers, snaps, and any permitted fireworks in your area
- If you are lucky enough to have a firework show nearby, plan ahead to attend
Refreshments – It is important to keep everyone hydrated!
- Water, water, and more water!
- Carbonated beverages on ice
- Gatorade type drinks
- Alcoholic beverages (drink responsibly)
- Please practice safety when using or around fireworks.
- Bug spray on hand
- Tent for shade
- If by water use proper floating devices
- Wading pool to cool the feet off
Whether you are hosting a big or small party, keep it simple. Have everything in place before guests arrive so you can enjoy the party too. Enjoy and be safe as you celebrate the independence of the good old USA. Click here to download this easy to follow party planning list.